Monday 11 August 2014

New York, New York

It's been a while since my last post... With the end of the school term and then the summer holidays, I've been super busy (all of which shall follow in the next few posts)! But first, back to July and to NYC!

A stall in Union Square
After a few days of fun on the Jersey Shore (see last post Jersey Shore Weekend), I headed into Manhattan for a couple of days mainly to catch up with friends and enjoy the NY atmosphere! (Okay, and a little bit of shopping). This was my 6th trip to the city and each time I fall that bit more in love with it. On this occasion I was fortunate enough to be staying with some friends on Park Avenue (an apartment with an amazing view)!

Great view of the Empire State Building
Being Manhattan locals, my friends always take me to the finest restaurants and once again they didn't disappoint. Jumping a cab from Park Avenue down to the West Village we arrived at an Italian restaurant- L'Artusi and dived straight into the a number of courses! The highlights had to be the Beef Carpaccio, Roasted Beets (delicious), the Bucatini pasta and the mouthwatering Strawberry Macaroon dessert!

A delightful evening with old friends.
The next day I put on my walking shoes and did what I love to do best in NYC! I walked up through Central Park, down 5th Avenue, through the Flatiron and all the way to Bleecker taking in the sights and atmosphere along the way.

Another amazing trip to my favourite city and I'm pretty sure it won't be my last!

Until next time New York...
D!x



No comments:

Post a Comment