Sunday 26 October 2014

The Great Grand Canyon- a place like no other

Back on the Contiki road...

After spending the day in beautiful Sedona, where I met a very interesting character (The Most Interesting Character I've Met While Travelling) it was time to venture onto Arizona and to one of the seven wonders of the natural world- The Grand Canyon!


Yes, I had seen plenty of pictures of the Canyon before, but nothing could prepare me for how overwhelming it was going to be! As we pulled up to the entrance of the national park I was totally taken aback by the view and the beauty in front of me.


Standing on the rim of the Canyon
Seeing as the Canyon was such a vast wonder I was determined to see as much of it as I could. So when the Contiki extra option of a helicopter ride was offered I dug deep into my pockets as this was one opportunity I was not going to miss!



The Colorado River
A view from the air
Seeing the Canyon from the air was without doubt one of the most exhilarating experiences I've had while travelling- if you get the chance it is an absolute must!

Once I had fully taken in the incredible sight, it was time for the group to chill out and watch the sunset.

My Contiki crew

A memory that will last a lifetime

There is a reason that the Grand Canyon is one of the seven natural wonders of the world, and as much as photos can show an insight into why, they only show a fraction of the Canyon's beauty. It has to be seen to truly be believed...

D! x

















No comments:

Post a Comment