Saturday 25 October 2014

Falling in love with San Diego

Waking early in LA, (see post The Time I went to Hollywood) it was time to meet my Contiki group and head for our first stop- San Diego!

Arriving early afternoon to Seaport Village, I headed to the San Diego Mall to do a little shopping (buying all things American Eagle) and decided to treat myself to a mani/ pedi. 

We then drove over the incredible Coronado bridge with stunning views over San Diego.

Coronado Bridge
Once we had checked into our accommodation, Days Inn Motel, it was time to head out for our first group meal. Arriving in San Diego Old Town, not far from the border of Mexico, we dined at a cute Mexican restaurant and feasted on huge portions of nachos, tacos and burritos! The night ended at a bar in the Gaslamp quarter- making new friends over shots of tequila!


San Diego zoo was my choice for the next day. Housing over 3,700 animals and covering over 40 hectares of land, the animals had plenty of room to roam around and was by far the best zoo I've ever been to.

Admiring my favourite aninal

Sleepy bear


Shy panda
The afternoon was then spent soaking up the sun on Mission Beach, eating huge ice creams and enjoying the laid-back Californian lifestyle.


Yes, I did get messy!
Despite only spending two days in San Diego, I completely fell in love with it! With the history of the old and new towns, the nightlife and entertainment hub of the Gaslamp quarter and the chilled out vibes on the beaches- San Diego really was my Californian dream!

D! x 



No comments:

Post a Comment