Saturday 18 October 2014

The time I went to Hollywood

Last week I received a selection of Contiki travel brochures (the universe is clearly trying to tell me something) and yes, as much as I began to plan my next adventure and get rather excited, I also began to reminisce about a previous Contiki tour that I embarked upon a couple of summers ago. One that has filled me with great experiences, memories and lasting friendships!


The next few posts will take you on a road trip from LA all the way to San Francisco Bay!

First, off to LA LA Land...

As my tour was kicking off in LA, I decided to fly out a couple of days early to fit in some LA sightseeing- Hollywood sign, Walk of Fame and Universal Studios all high on my list of things to see and do!

After arriving in the early hours of the morning, and a slightly unnerving transfer through LA to Hollywood (where I was staying), I had a good sleep, fought off jet-lag and was ready to explore!

Meeting up with my good friend Sara and her partner, we fueled ourselves at Johnny Rockets and began our LA tourist trail.

Up first- The Walk of Fame:

My favourite director
I didn't realise just how long the walk was! From Frank Sinatra to Michael Jackson, it was a Hollywood dream come true!


The next day, as three film buffs, we headed to Universal Studios! Full of fun rides, film history and my favourite (an absolute must) the Universal Studios set tour, including coming face-to-face with the rather frightening Norman Bates of Psycho!

Stunning LA sunset over Universal Studios
Continuing with the LA 'Movie Theme', the following morning we decided to try and get as close to the Hollywood sign as we could.

Starting the day properly
After an eggs and mimosa breakfast (we were in Hollywood after all) we found ourselves a willing taxi driver, paid him $40 and he got as close as he possibly could to the sign. Providing us with a history lesson, taking a number of photographs for us and showing us some celeb homes on the drive up, all added to the impressive sight!


From the Hollywood sign to seeing how the rich and famous live, Rodeo Drive was of course our next stop. As a fan of Beverley Hills 90210 (I still watch re-runs) :-)  it was fascinating to stroll along the parade of designer shops, to people-watch and to try and spot a celeb or too ( Kevin Connolly of Entourage fame being our spot).

Just look at that sparkle!

A visit to the renowned Beverley Hills sign , topped off what was a real LA LA land experience!

Sitting on Beverley Hills
Until my next stop...

D! x

No comments:

Post a Comment